Sunday, April 10, 2011

We meet again...

I knew I wouldn't be any good at this whole blogging thing. It has been over a month since I posted...shame on me. I have perfectly good excuses for not blogging. First off, baseball season is in full swing. And by full swing, I mean working on average about 10 hours a day and going weeks without a day off. Ahh, the joys of working for a Major Leagues Baseball team. Also, I am in the last 5 weeks of my Master's degree and professors think it is funny to pile on the homework and projects at towards the end of the semester just to see how many graduate students can have mental breakdowns before May. Lastly, every free moment that I do come across is dedicated to spending time with my handsome boyfriend or looking for a new job that will challenge me, as well as allow me to support myself financially. I am busy, to say the least.

On the brighter side of things, the Texas Rangers are 8-1, as of today! When the team is winning and bringing in fans, it makes my work like so much more enjoyable. They have defeated the Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners and Baltimore Orioles. The team has not had this good of record since 1989 and it is very exciting to start off the season so well. I was actually able to enjoy a Rangers game last Monday with the newly married Gerad and Stormey and my wonderful boyfriend, Dustin. It is always nice to be at the Ballpark and not have to worry about work.

Along with the getting to enjoy a baseball game, I had another exciting moment. I purchased my cap, gown and hood for graduation. The feeling that I got when I tried on the gown was so awesome. I have been long awaiting this moment and am so exciting that after 19 years of going to school, I will finally be finished and not have to return...unless I decide to get a Ph. D, which I have actually contemplated. (Someone, please talk me out of it!) I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to further my education and hopefully, it will pay off in the near future. The only thing is...the cap and gown are a disgusting color and will definitely clash with my red hair. :/

As for the current job situation, I am still with the Texas Rangers, but I am hoping to find a job that challenges me and compensates me on the level that I am striving for. I have worked very hard to get where I am today and hope that all of my hard work pays off in the end.

Welp, that's all I have for today. Maybe I can blog again soon and not wait another month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment